Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Great Is Thy Faithfulness


Faithfulness. It seems like such a common characteristic of God, and it is, because He has so much of it that He is so willing to give to us, time and time again. CARM DTS has been abounding in God's faithfulness for us. In Jeremiah 29:13-14 (The Message) it says “When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.“Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” This verse rings so true, I finally understand the meaning God intended to me.

Hearing God's voice has always been something that I never thought was attainable for me. I thought only pastors and leaders heard the voice of God and that just the way it works. Throughout this entire DTS, that has been a huge thing that I have been learning, that God is speaking to me all day everyday through verses, lessons, other people, nature, quotes, and even my own mind. I have finally made it to a place that I trust myself and I trust God enough that I can hear His voice. Yesterday as I sat under the community room table in prayer with my outreach team, I was hearing God's voice as if He was sitting right next to me. Receiving verse after verse that connected so well, getting pictures, discovering things. I had a huge grin on my face, utterly in awe of how well I was hearing His voice. I doubted it at first, thinking "Oh this is just a verse I know it doesn't mean anything." And then another verse popped into my head that related the the first. God was chuckling at me saying "Yes Bekah, I'm talking to you, take this wisdom I am giving to you and share it!" So I shared with my group Jeremiah 29:13 and many other verses about the miracles that Jesus did while His time on earth. The connection I drew from these verses and God's words to me was this... God is faithful. If you wake up everyday eager to do what God has plan for your life then He will bless you. That is exactly where God wants you to be, in a position of complete and utter surrender and willingness. If everyday you die to yourself and give God your fear, and worry, and pride, you will see miracles unfold right in front of your eyes. Each time we give something over to God, we are walking in truth and obedience. Each time, God will send little blessing to say "I'm so proud of you, keep going, I have so much more for you!" If your and your entire self is devoted to what God has for your life and if you die to yourself everyday to walk in that truth, then you have the power of the Almighty at your fingertips. You will do great things in Jesus' name. But its hard and its a process. It is something that has to be done every single day, but it is worth it. It is so worth it. The joy, peace, and security you feel when you are walking in truth with Jesus is unmeasured. He is faithful. He does not disappoint. He will not let you down.

"My feet may fail and fear surrounds me. But you've mever failed and you wont start now." - Hillsong United "Oceans"

Because of God's faithfulness we:
1. Were able to minister to non-Christian kids at a youth camp, Camp Zoe, on our first week of outreach
2. Were able to raise over 2,000,000 baht (around 70,00 USD) in about four weeks
3. Received over 30 visas for our outreach to India
And multiple other things! God has been so good to CARM DTS 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment