Saturday, February 16, 2013

Recap

Wow it has truly been weeks since I have written on here, and I am so sorry. It has been an insane couple of weeks, full of being homesick, frustration and fun times. Lets start off by doing highs and lows:

Highs:
1. Getting two packages in one week from home!!
2. Going to Cookies and Crust for small group
3. South African Community night (such amazing food)
4. Hanging out with my favorite kids from Mahathai
5. Making cupcakes
6. Having a late night jam sesssion with Kayla, Bec, and Oo
7. Being able to talk to my family, and best friends!
8. Valentines Day: made breakfast for the boys, the boys served us dinner, saw Safe Haven
9. Ice skating

Lows:
1. Homesick
2. Life gets hard when you are surrounded by the same people 24/7
3. Miscommunication
4. Boring speakers
5. Heaps of things to get done
6. The fact that I am 3 weeks behind on my journal
7. Being in the blazing sun all day at the BIT (Bangkok International Ten's, rugby tournament)
8. Hurting my shoulder while ice skating (I'm a grandma)
9. Ikea for 2 hours

I love Thailand, but right now and the past few weeks, I have really just wanted to go home, hug my family and friends, curl up on the couch with my doggies and watch movie and be home and be relaxed, and not worry about what I have to do next or whatever. It sounds terrible, I came all the way over here, nearly 10,000 miles and right now I'm miserable. But I think I'm allowed that, to be able to miss home for a bit. But I'm not letting it affect the experience, I'm staying positive that soon this funk will pass and it will all be fine.

Depressing post. sorrrrry xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment